Motor Vehicle Accident Injury Claims
The lawyers in our firm have over 60 years' combined experience in handling of claims for individuals injured in accidents.
If you have been injured as a result of:
- hit and run accident with an unidentified driver on a public road or highway or in a parking lot
- a boating accident,
- an accident occurring on an airplane,
- an accident on a mass public transportation vehicle
- an accident occurring on a private bus service operator
- an accident occurring outside of the Province of Alberta or Canada,
you may have the right to commence a claim against the at fault party ( the party that in legal terms has caused the accident that resulted in your sustaining any personal physical or psychological injury) for compensation for damages you may suffer as a result of for in any/or all of the following areas of compensable damages:
- pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life amenities caused by any physical and/or psychological injuries
- past and future claims for loss of income
- costs of medical treatments, including, physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage and other medically necessary treatments
- past and future claims for loss of the ability to carry out your normal housekeeping duties
- out of pocket losses and expenses, including expenses such as medical costs for drugs and medical supplies and costs incurred to travel to and from medical appointments
- the costs for future medical treatments
- and other expenses reasonably related to the effects from the accident or injuries sustained by you
Speaking to an experienced personal injury lawyer is the only way of ensuring that you are receiving the best legal advise regarding your rights.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can advise you on whether you have a claim and how to access benefits and pursue recovery of damages to which you may be entitled.
The assessment of an injured person's claim can be and is often quite complex and requires full disclosure and review of all medical records and review of the personal circumstances of the injured person to ensure the injured person is properly and fairly compensated for their injuries and damages. This detailed process is necessary to properly prepare an injury victim's claim for presentation to the insurer of the at fault party to ensure maximum reasonable compensation to the injured victim.
If you have been injured in an accident, you should contact an experienced lawyer before talking to any insurance company representative regarding your rights to compensation.
PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURIES
Injury victims of any accident may be compensated for in an award of general damages as against an at fault third party for any of the following types of injury:
- Leg fractures to the tibia or femur
- Ankle fractures
- Arm fractures
- Neck fractures
- Back injuries and spinal cord injuries, including vertebra injuries
- Neck strains and sprains
- Back strains and sprains
- Severed spinal cord injuries causing paraplegic injury or quadriplegic injury
- Shoulder injuries including, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff injuries, dislocations and separations
- Hip injuries
- Pelvic injuries
- Severed fingers
- Wrist injuries
- Head injuries
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Severe Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Driving Phobias
If you need legal advice regarding your rights please call us to arrange a free initial consultation with one of our experienced lawyers.